The daughter of a couple who died in an Egyptian hotel one year ago today says she is no closer to knowing the truth about what killed them.
John and Susan Cooper, both 63, died at the five-star Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada.
Egyptian authorities linked the deaths with E.coli, but daughter Kelly Ormerod, 41, believes carbon monoxide poisoning. or an insecticide used to fumigate a room next door, may be to blame.
A pre-inquest hearing was held in May, but Kelly fears authorities in Egypt are holding things up.
She said: “I’m not sure if the coroner has had any information back from the Egyptians or from Thomas Cook.
“I’ve had no connections with anyone in Egypt. Initially they said they were going to help, but then all those lines of communication fell down.
"It is the not knowing and not being able to be at peace with it. Until that day comes, I can’t see myself moving on.”
A Thomas Cook spokeswoman said: “We are cooperating fully with the coroner’s investigation and the Aqua Magic remains off sale to customers, from the UK and the rest of Europe, indefinitely.”
Source: Read Full Article