Investor Claims Woodstock 50 Has Been Canceled

Contradictory statements have created substantial uncertainty about the fate of the Woodstock 50 festival.

A spokesperson for Woodstock 50’s financial partner said the 50th anniversary festival has been canceled.

“Despite our tremendous investment of time, effort and commitment, we don’t believe the production of the festival can be executed as an event worthy of the Woodstock Brand name while also ensuring the health and safety of the artists, partners and attendees,” said a statement from Amplifi Live, a Dentsu Aegis division.

“As a result and after careful consideration, Dentsu Aegis Network’s Amplifi Live, a partner of Woodstock 50, has decided to cancel the festival,” the statement added. “As difficult as it is, we believe this is the most prudent decision for all parties involved.”

However, organizers of the music festival have denied the investor’s claim and said the concert will be held as scheduled.

“Woodstock 50 vehemently denies the festival’s cancellation and legal remedy will (be) sought,” a statement from Woodstock 50 said.

The three-day event had been scheduled for August 16-18, with headliners such as Jay-Z, Chance the Rapper, Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Miley Cyrus and Santana, among others.

Source: Read Full Article