ITV deny claims that Saturday Night Takeaway will be axed

Insiders claim Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will be axed after 15 series – but ITV says show will return in 2020

  • The network hit back at allegations the show would be coming to an end after 17 years , and assured fans the hit programme would return to screens in 2020 
  • This comes after reports emerged that several production staff of the hit show were allegedly looking for new jobs after hearing of the shocking news
  • It was also alleged executives were reportedly searching for a replacement for the much-loved series to put less pressure on Ant McPartlin after a difficult period – which was denied by an ITV spokesman
  • ITV have stated that production on the new series of the show will start in a few months
  • The last series of Saturday Night Takeaway aired in April 2018 – without presenter Ant McPartlin  who was in rehab
  • Ant suffered a rocky year when he was forced to take time off work after a drink-drive scandal
  • e-mail

68

View
comments

ITV have denied claims that Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will be axed after 15 successful series. 

The network hit back at allegations the show would be coming to an end after 17 years, and assured fans the hit programme would return to screens in 2020. 

This comes after reports emerged that several production staff of the hit show were allegedly looking for new jobs after hearing of the shocking news.


Double act: ITV have denied claims that Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will be axed after 15 successful series

It was also alleged executives were reportedly searching for a replacement for the much-loved series to put less pressure on Ant McPartlin after a difficult period – which was denied by an ITV spokesman.

But ITV have stated that production on the new series of the show will start in a few months. 

  • ‘It was a one-night-stand!’ Declan Donnelly apologetically… Ant McPartlin reveals he’s ‘talking again’ with his… Mick Jagger is ‘taking a month off after a routine scan… Britain’s Got Talent’s dramatic trailer for 13th season sees…

Share this article

An ITV spokesman told MailOnline: ‘Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will return to ITV in 2020.’ 

The last series of Saturday Night Takeaway aired in April 2018 – without presenter Ant McPartlin who was in rehab following a drink-drive car crash. 


Hit show: ITV have denied claims the show will be pulled from our screens and says production will start in a few months

It comes as Ant McPartlin suffered a rocky year when he was forced to take time off work after a shocking drink-drive scandal.

The TV presenter was involved in a three-car collision in Richmond and was discovered to be over the limit behind the wheel in March last year.

He was forced to take a break from presenting after he pleaded guilty to drink-driving in April, receiving a record-breaking £86,000 fine, as well as a 20-month ban from driving.


Difficult time: Ant McPartlin suffered a rocky year when he was forced to take time off work after a shocking drink-drive scandal 

It comes as Declan revealed he considered parting ways with his TV partner after the latter’s drink-drive scandal last year.

Dec made the shocking admission in a candid interview with the Guardian Weekend magazine, which is set to be released on Saturday.

He revealed that he was angry with his friend when he heard about the news, but also felt upset on his behalf.

Discussing his feelings in the aftermath, the BGT host admitted he ‘would be lying’ if he said he hadn’t thought about splitting from Ant, but decided he wanted to focus on getting their relationship ‘back on track’.


Shocking: The TV presenter was involved in a three-car collision in Richmond and was discovered to be over the limit behind the wheel in March last year

Dec went on to say that he also felt he wanted Ant to be ‘healthy and happy’ again, and so decided not to part ways with him.

The TV duo have shared the stage together for 30 years, and quickly became one of the UK’s most prolific presenters in history.

Admitting that they ‘reassessed their career and relationship’ following Ant’s car crash, the duo realised they had been taking ‘each other for granted’ and had even ‘stopped talking to each other’.

And, of this period, Ant explained: ‘For the first time in many years, all we talked about were deep things like how we felt, and what the future held, and where we were, and all the chaos that has come along, especially for me.’

Ant’s personal issues — which saw him develop a painkiller addiction, end his marriage to Lisa Armstrong and commit a drink-driving offence — saw him sit out the last few episodes the shows he presented with Dec.

But now the presenter is making a comeback, with the new Britain’s Got Talent 2019 trailer dropping two weeks ago, ahead of the show airing in April. 


Candid: Declan Donnelly revealed in an interview with The Guardian on Friday that he almost SPLIT from TV partner of 30 years Ant McPartlin over his ‘indefensible’ drink-drive scandal

 

Source: Read Full Article