John Singleton’s family make ‘agonising’ decision to take him off life support

John Singleton's family have announced he will be taken off life support, two weeks after he suffered a major stroke.

The Boyz In The Hood director has been in intensive care since the stroke, but speaking on Monday, his family confirmed they'd made an 'agonising decision.'

A spokesperson for the Singleton's family said: "It is with heavy hearts we announce that our beloved son, father and friend, John Daniel Singleton will be taken off of life support today.

"This was an agonising decision, one that our family made, over a number of days, with the careful counsel of John’s doctors," they told Deadline.

Singleton, 51, was described as a "prolific, ground-breaking director who changed the game and opened doors in Hollywood."

The statement continued: “We are grateful to his fans, friends and colleagues for the outpour of love and prayers during this incredibly difficult time.

"We want to thank all the doctors at Cedars Sinai for the impeccable care he received.”

Earlier on Monday it was f alsely reported that Singleton had died but his publicist Shannon Barr later put the record straight.

Singleton is best known as the first black filmaker to ever be nominated for the best director Oscar for his 1991 movie Boyz n the Hood.

He also directed Poetic Justice 2 Fast 2 Furious and a remake of Shaft in 2002.

A show he co-created for the FX Network, Snowfall, was renewed last year for a third season.

Source: Read Full Article