Meghan Markle ‘sparked row between Prince Harry and David Beckham’ after fearing Victoria was ‘leaking’ stories

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are in the centre of a royal row over their decision to step down as 'senior' members of the family.

But it has been reported that the pair have been battling a secret row with another famous face behind closed doors, with 38 year old Meghan believed to have fallen out with Victoria Beckham.

Reports suggest Meghan feared former Spice Girls singer Victoria, 45, had been leaking stories about their friendship to the press as details of their relationship started making headlines.

  • Prince William shows off sign language skills as he returns to royal work amid Prince Harry drama

  • Susanna Reid refuses to speak to Piers Morgan after Meghan and Harry row

It is then believed that Harry, 35, confronted David Beckham, 44, over the claims, leading to a brief rift between the two families in December 2017.

The couples have since made up with one another, but did suffer a period of "cooling of relations."

A source claims: "Victoria and Meghan hit it off from the off, and as two high profile women in showbusiness, were in regular contact at the start of Meg's relationship with Harry.

"When Meghan moved to London, Victoria shared a whole bunch of beauty tips but not long after, some of these emerged in print and Meghan was furious.

"Inexplicably, she feared Victoria was behind it — I mean, the idea that Victoria Beckham would be personally ringing journalists to give them a scoop is ridiculous — and spoke to Harry about it.

"Harry is very protective of Meghan, and decided to deal with the matter head-on, by directly contacting his good pal, David.

"Harry was polite, but obviously it was a pretty awkward exchange and David was mortified.

"He quickly put Harry right, and the two men agreed to move on — but it certainly made things awkward for a while.

"It later turned out the leak probably came from a beauty salon. Afterwards, they got things back on track, but it took a few months," the insider continued to tell The Sun on Sunday.

Meanwhile, The Queen recently broke her silence on the decision her grandson and his wife have made to reduce their royal duties.

She said on Monday in a statement: "Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family.

"My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

Read More

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

  • The Queen’s statement about Prince H…
  • The Queen responds to Prince Harry a…
  • Gemma Collins leaves fans in hysteri…
  • Prince Harry and brother Prince Will…
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry moving to Canada ‘to save baby Archie from suffering like his dad’

  • Paul Burrell says Princess Diana would have been ‘so proud’ of son Prince Harry

"Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.

"It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.

"These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days."

Source: Read Full Article