Simon Cowell says The X Factor will come back to TV: ‘There’s no question!’

Simon Cowell has exclusively revealed the The X Factor will return to television, although he admits he did the right thing in 'resting it'.

Speaking to OK! following a hugely successful ball for the Short Lives Matter charity, of which he is patron, Simon explained he's hoping the show's comeback will be a 'big event' and that people have genuinely missed it – including him!

"This year was the first year since we took it off the air, where I realised how much I’d really, really missed it," he said.

"And I think the public do as well. It was – and is – a brilliant show. And there’s no question it will return."

Simon went on to add that the issues behind producing such a huge programme were key in his decision to take the ITV show off the air, leading to reports it had been axed.

The last series was 2019's Celebrity version, which was won by Megan McKenna and featured stars such as Vinnie Jones and Jenny Ryan from The Chase.

"I think we did the right thing in resting it, as it was a huge show to produce and I think people were tired," Simon admitted.

The news will no doubt come as a huge shock to fans who were convinced the show had been axed for good, following reports over the summer that ITV were no longer planning to renew the series.

However, Simon, 62, was adamant that wasn't the case, and even said people come up to him on the street asking when it will return!

"When it comes back – and it will – it will hopefully be a big event," he promised.

The X Factor launched in 2004 and at one point was raking in a massive 17 million viewers on a Saturday night. Notable winners include Little Mix, Leona Lewis and Matt Cardle. Other stars, such as One Direction and Jedward have launched global careers off the back of being on the series, which Simon told us was one of his favourite shows he's ever produced.

Mr Cowell will next be seen back on Britain's Got Talent, which starts filming in January.

He's also producing new series Walk The Line, although he stepped back from being on camera, preferring to focus on producing the show.

He says the decision was made 'partly due to wanting to spend more time with his family,' including son Eric, seven and partner Lauren Silverman.

Source: Read Full Article