We’re getting to know Jovan Armand, who can be seen starring in the new movie Shazam! Fury of the Gods!
The 22-year-old actor plays Pedro Pena in the sequel movie, who is one of Billy Batson’s foster siblings. DJ Cotrona plays the superhero version of Pedro.
“I like his relatability and taste in fashion as well as personality,” Jovan recently told Digital Journal about what draws him to playing Pedro. “His personality reminds me a lot of a younger me.”
In the upcoming movie, Pedro’s sexuality will be more prevalent than in the first movie.
“The only new addition for this movie is being a lot more forthright about Pedro being gay. And that was hinted at in the first movie very subtly,” screenwriter Henry Gayden said about diversity and representation in the sequel. “And I thought it was really important and really, really fought for us including that and bringing that to the fore in this movie.”
We recently caught up with Jovan Armand and got to know 15 Fun Facts about him.
Find out what he revealed inside…
Check out what Jovan shared with us below…
- 1. I wore a Superman costume for 3 months straight, my mom had to wash it when I was asleep.
- 2. When I was little I wasn’t sure how to explain that I didn’t grow up with a father, so instead I told everyone El Niño de Atoche was my father!
- 3. I was raised by two women, my grandmother & my mother who each had their own nickname for me Pedorro and Lil Frijolito.
- 4. My mother wanted to name me Amadeus!
- 5. I don’t like pickles, onions or tomatoes on burgers.
- 6. I tried to find my mother a husband at Walmart by asking a random guy if he had kids, and when he said no, I asked if he wanted a 5 year old.
- 7. I’m very passionate about Need For Speed games. I use to play Most Wanted any chance I could after school.
- 8. I love to blast music. When I can I will, if not I have headphones or ear buds on.
- 9. I was really into Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Crayon Shin-Chin, Sesame Street, He-Man, & Cyberchase as a kid!
- 10. I was scared of Robot Chicken as a kid. In fact it gave me nightmares.
- 11. I sleep talk, like you could probably have a full conversation with me while I’m sleeping. It won’t make sense, but hey, at least I respond.
- 12. I use to make rollie pollies race at school, also known as pill bugs.
- 13. I’m really good at Connect Four. I use to stay at an after school program to win against all the staff and kids. My goal is to one day challenge Beyoncé. I heard she’s really good!
- 14. I had 3 tickle me Elmos and I made them all dance at the same time and would cheer them on as a child!
- 15. I use to be a tap dancer, violinist, pianist, flute player & even once a drummer, those were my favorite!
Shazam! Fury of the Gods officially hits theaters THIS Friday (March 17). Watch the trailer here!
Here’s a synopsis: Bestowed with the powers of the gods, Billy Batson and his fellow foster kids are still learning how to juggle teenage life with having adult Super Hero alter-egos. But when the Daughters of Atlas, a vengeful trio of ancient gods, arrive on Earth in search of the magic stolen from them long ago, Billy—aka Shazam—and his family are thrust into a battle for their superpowers, their lives, and the fate of their world.
Source: Read Full Article