FATHER'S day falls on Sunday June 16 this year and now is the time to start snapping up gifts for the occasion.
And if you're dead set on buying something boozy to give your old man on the day itself, we’ve picked out some great ideas in our gift guide below.
Buying great gin might not be as expensive as you might think.
Looking through the winners at the World Gin Awards, there’s a number of great bottles you can buy without breaking the bank.
Makar Cherry Gin won in the best flavoured gin category and you can buy a bottle from Amazon for £22.50.
Himbrini Old Tom Gin won best compound gin at the same awards and you can get a bottle for £40.39 from Amazon.
Cotswolds Dry Gin won gold at the 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition and it costs £29.75 at Masters of Malt.
Aldi’s own-brand Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin was named one of the best gins in the world by the International Spirits Challenge. The best part about it? It costs just £9.99.
Or if you're looking for a neat box set to give as a gift, the Craft Gin Club is subscription service that includes a new gin, snacks and mixers at a surprisingly affordable price.
- Makar Cherry Gin – £22.50 from Amazon – buy it here
- Himbrini Old Tom Gin – £40.39 from Amazon – buy it here
- Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin – £9.99 from Aldi – buy it here
- Cotswolds Dry Gin – £29.75 from Masters of Malt – buy it here
- Craft Gin Club – find it here
Buying the right whisky can be a tricky job so it’s best to find out what sort of thing your dad likes before venturing out to the shops.
But you can cast your net pretty wide with a tasting set from Drinks By The Dram, which offers up five samples of the award-winners from the 2018 World Whiskies Awards for £39.95.
Aldi step up once again with an affordable option. Their Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky won a gold medal at the Spirits Business Scotch Whisky Masters and costs just £17.49.
Or if you want something that looks a little fancier, Haig Club Clubman whisky (aka. the David Beckham one) costs £16 from Tesco.
If your dad's a fan of Jack Daniels, you can get a 70cl bottle for £23.20 from Masters of Malt.
- Drinks By The Dram whiskey set – £39.95 from Masters of Malt – buy it here
- Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky – £17.49 from Aldi – buy it here
- Haig Club Clubman – £16 from Tesco – buy it here
- Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey – £23.20 from Masters of Malt – buy it here
If you want something a bit flashy to present as a gift, Ableforth’s Rumbullion is great and comes in an awesome-looking bottle with a wax seal to make it extra-special.
The tasting set by Drinks By The Dram is a solid gift idea, offering up five sample bottles of highly-rated tipples. £31.95 at Masters of Malt.
Tesco has a bargain tasting option for rum, with a gift set costing just £12. It’s got four popular rum miniatures for your dad to enjoy.
- Ableforth's Rumbullion – £34.90 from Masters of Malt – buy it here
- Drinks By The Dram rum set – £31.95 from Masters of Malt – buy it here
- Rum tasting set – £12 from Tesco – buy it here
Aside from buying a six-pack of your dad’s favourite lager, you can impress him with one of these gift sets and give him a chance to step outside his comfort zone.
A two-bottle set from Not On The High Street is created by Hiver Beers and comes with branded Hiver beer glass, a beer pancake recipe and food matching suggestions.
Or a neat £36 set from Beer Hawk for fifteen cans of selected cans.
- Beer gift set – £18 from Not On The High Street – buy it here
- Beer gift set – £36 from Beerhawk – buy it here
If none of the above take your fancy, there’s a bunch of other boozy gifts you can buy for Father’s Day.
If you’re looking for a properly quirky gift, a jar of spreadable whiskey from Firebox costs just £9.99 and is sure to impress.
And another pressie that’s sure to rack up the intrigue is Firebox's ‘bulletproof’ whiskey glass with a real bullet lodged in the side.
Whiskey stones cool your drink without diluting it, perfect for purists.
If your dad needs a personalised glass to drink from, you can get one engraved with a special message.
- Spreadable whiskey – £9.99 from Firebox – buy it here
- Bulletproof whiskey glass – £19.99 from Firebox – buy it here
- Whiskey stones – £3.69 from Ebay – buy it here
- Personalised beer glass – £5.95 from Ebay – buy it here
Looking for more Father's Day ideas? Check out the 26 great ideas in our gift guide.
Alternatively, set your dad up with an experience day. Here are our top picks.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article