Debbie McGee discusses Paul Daniels on Celebrity Mastermind
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Comprised of a specialist subject and a general knowledge round, competitors battle it out to become the next Mastermind winner by answering some pretty difficult questions. Here is a selection of 15 questions from the legendary quiz show – let us know how many you get right in the comments below!
1. In 1803, America bought about 828,000 square miles of land, including most of the Mississippi valley, from France for just a few cents an acre. The transaction is known by what name?
2. The brandy sour cocktail is considered the national drink of which Mediterranean island?
3. The Parthenon was the chief temple of which Greek goddess?
4. Who acceded to the English throne at the age of nine on the death of his father, Henry VIII, in 1547?
5. In which city is the television comedy series, Cheers, set?
6.What’s the first name of the novelist son of the author Kingsley Amis? His books include Money, London Fields and Time’s Arrow
7. In chemistry, a solid that has dissolved in liquid to form a solution is known as the solute. What’s the corresponding term for the liquid?
8. The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight and Everybody Hurts are tracks from the album Automatic For The People, which topped the UK chart in 1992. The album is by which American band?
9. Which film composer won Best Original Score Oscars for Jaws, Star Wars and Schindler’s List?
10. In which county was the Battle of Bosworth field fought in 1485?
11. Who composed The Hebrides Overture, also known as Fingal’s Cave?
12. With which song did Eric Prydz top the UK singles charts for five weeks in 2004?
13. In which city was Adrian Mole living when his first diary, at the age of 13 3/4?
14. What is the common name for either of the triangular bones in the scapula of the upper part of the human body?
15. What name came into use in the 18th century is given to the Scottish broth of chicken and leeks?
Multiple choice quiz questions and answers: Test YOUR knowledge [QUIZ]
Quiz Questions: The best rude quiz questions and answers [QUIZ]
Animals quiz questions and answers: 20 questions for your virtual quiz [QUIZ]
1. Louisiana Purchase
4. Edward VI
9. John Williams
12. Call On Me
14. The shoulder blade
15. Cock a Leekie
Source: Read Full Article