A mum claims her seven-year-old son was left with a cut lip after an eggshell was allegedly left inside his McDonald's breakfast.
Uthania Jackson says little Uthan had been bought the bacon and egg McMuffin as a treat but she became concerned when she could hear her son "crunching" this food.
She claims she was then left horrified as she spotted "chunks of eggshell" in his meal.
Ms Jackson says the shell had even managed to cut the boy's top lip, so she rushed back to the fast food restaurant to complain.
She said the manager at the High Wycombe branch was "lovely" but only wanted to offer her a voucher, which she refused to take.
The mum took the complaint to head office, who sent her three £5 vouchers in the post.
She told the Bucks Free Press: “I feel like they don’t give a damn. This is about the safety of their customers and it is food contamination. Fifteen pounds worth of vouchers when I told them I don’t go there often anyway just isn’t good enough.
"He ate half the eggshell. His injury could have been a lot worse and I feel like I’m just being fobbed off with vouchers.”
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “We use freshly cracked eggs throughout our breakfast menu and, unfortunately, on this occasion, a piece of eggshell accidentally found its way into the McMuffin.
“As soon as the customer brought this to our attention we apologised and offered a full refund.
“Customer Services have also been in touch with the customer to offer an apology and we would like to echo this once again.
"We have procedures in place to prevent this happening, and the restaurant is in the process of reviewing these to help avoid any future incidents.”
Source: Read Full Article