A royal insider has shed light on the possible reasons why Meghan Markle’s female bodyguard quit her job after just six months.
The Scotland Yard inspector’s departure could become the third resignation among her senior aides in less than a year.
Meghan’s personal assistant, Melissa Touabti, walked-away from Kensington Palace last year and private secretary Samantha Cohen is also rumoured to be leaving the Sussex’s workforce after more than 17 years of working for the Royal Family.
Now, an insider has claimed a female bodyguard, who has not been named publicly, is a "constraining force" on the Duchess, reports The Daily Telegraph.
The source said: "Unlike someone who has grown up in the royal family and has been used to having close protection from an early age, it can be constraining.
“Even though she was a famous actress, she could still do what she wanted in the way of getting around freely.
“But in her current role she can’t go anywhere without her protection team, and that’s a massive constraining force on an individual like her.”
It has also been reported Markle’s desire to be seen as “one of the people” offers a number of challenges to her team, according to The Sunday Times.
The bodyguard, who has been described as “brilliant” by colleagues, is understood to be moving on from the Metropolitan police.
The guard replaced Harry’s long-term head of security, Sergeant Bill Renshaw, who retired last year.
Her appointment as the Sussexes’ chief protection officer was deemed a profound moment.
The guard’s departure will likely be viewed as a significant loss to the Duchess – who’s a prominent advocate for women’s rights and gender equality.
She was said to be playing an instrumental part in enhancing security in Harry and Meghan’s new home, Frogmore Cottage, which the couple are expected to move into in the coming weeks.
The guard was thrust into the limelight in October last year during the couple’s visit to Suva, Fiji, where pregnant Meghan was suddenly whisked away from a busy marketplace, after the emergence of a perceived security threat.
Her replacement has not yet been identified according to sources, but with with both the Duchess of Cambridge and Cornwall opting to have female protectors, the Met may likely follow suit once more.
Source: Read Full Article