Fox Business Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on FoxBusiness.com.
Starbucks and Pactiv Packaging Inc. were slapped with a lawsuit this week by a California customer who says he suffered second-degree burns all over his body from scalding tea that spilled when the lid on a cup came loose.
Continue Reading Below
Tommy Piluyev claims he not only lost the ability to play the piano but that sex is now "painful and awkward" due to the injuries he suffered in the fall of 2018, according to the lawsuit filed in Sacramento.
Piluyev is accusing the coffee giant and Pactiv Packaging, which he says provided the cups and lids, of negligence. It's a claim Starbucks believes holds no merit, according to people familiar with the matter.
WOMAN SUES STARBUCKS AFTER SCALDING HOT WATER SPILL: REPORT
In October, Piluyev and his family were at a Starbucks drive-thru in the northern Californa city of Roseville to pick up two Honey Citrus Mint Teas. When an associate was passing the tea to Piluyev, who was sitting in his SUV, the lid "lost its seal" and "dislodged" from the cup, according to the suit.