Sugababes announce first UK headline tour with 17 dates

Pop sensation The Sugababes have officially announced that they are embarking on a UK headline tour for the first time in over 20 years.

The original trio, consisting of Keisha Buchanan, Siobhan Donaghy and Mutya Buena will once again be giving fans a dose of nostalgia with their catchy tunes as they embark on a 17 date tour that will see them grace all four corners of the country.

Revealing the news on Thursday’s episode of This Morning, the group joined presenting duo Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield as they discussed their career journey, it’s obstacles and their comeback after having finally “come full circle”

Following their successful and long awaited performance as a headline act at Mighty Hoopla earlier this month, the girls also revealed that they are due to hit the Glastonbury stage this Friday before setting off on their very own tour.

The group, which first formed in 1998, didn’t hold back as they shared their joy and excitement about the upcoming tour. They said: “We’re so excited to come full circle and announce our own headline UK tour. We’ll be hitting the road in October and November – can’t wait to see you all there.”

With an impressive track record that included six Number One hits, the band will be performing some of their most loved tracks including Overload, Freak Like Me and Run For Cover, with many devoted fans also eager to hear new material from the girls.

Appearing on the This Morning sofa, Siobhan, 38 explained how difficult it had been forming the band in the beginning, especially while they were still teenagers themselves.

She explained: “There was obviously a lot of scrutiny, we were three awkward teenagers and we didn’t go to stage school or anything like that and we’re still not media trained as you can probably tell.

“But you’re really hard on yourself and it’s so different this time round, we’re just so much more relaxed.”

Muty, 37, also weighed in as she revealed fans didn’t always realise just how young they all were.

She said: “People didn't realise how young we were, people thought we were older!”

Keisha then added: “I'm the same age as my mum was when we started.”

Despite having gone through various lineups over the years, the original starting trio sound their way back together and were originally intending to launch their comeback in 2020, but sadly the pandemic derailed this.

The band also even found itself embroiled in a legal battle as they tried to reclaim their original iconic name Sugababes.

Keisha admitted: “We were fighting for the name [Sugababes] and legally we wanted it back. It was really important for us because we came up with it when we were kids, but we stuck together and it’s who we are really and we’re just glad that we’ve got it back… and that’s why everything we do now means so much more.”

Tickets for the comeback shows will go on sale on July 1st.

READ NEXT:

  • Sugababes' Keisha says music executives tried to make her and Mutya physically fight after argument
  • Sugababes’ Keisha Buchanan heartbroken as her dad dies and she reveals final text he sent her
  • Sugababes' Keisha Buchanan says she's still in therapy ten years after being sacked over bullying claims
  • The Sugababes are back together as Mutya Buena shares picture with Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy
  • Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter

Source: Read Full Article