The unmissable crime drama starring Bulletproof's Noel Clarke is coming to ITV.
Viewpoint, is a compelling series, focusing on a police surveillance investigation in a small community in Manchester- find out how you can watch it here.
When is Viewpoint on TV?
ITV's new crime drama debuts on Monday, April 26 at 9pm on ITV.
The five-part-series airs all week, concluding on Friday, April 30.
What is it about?
The five-part ITV drama follows a tense police surveillance investigation into a tight-knit Manchester community and delves deep into the moral ethics of voyeurism.
It tells the story of police officer DC Martin Young, who sets up his observation post in the home of single mum and secret peeping tom/voyeur, Zoe Sterling.
Zoe’s windows provide a direct view into the home of missing primary school teacher, Gemma Hillman.
It’s a home she shares with her boyfriend and prime suspect in her disappearance, Greg Sullivan.
The series is loosely based on a true story experienced by the neighbour of the show's creator, Harry Bradbeer, after she was approached by a plainclothes police officer.
The officer asked for permission to perform crime surveillance in Bradbeer's neighbours back room.
The series creator says, “He was there for a couple of weeks, peering through a chink in the curtains, but never revealing who he was looking at. She became intrigued and gradually worked out it was a case of drug dealing in the opposite house but it was odd having this man there,” Bradbeer explained.
He added: “Her husband was away on business – it was both rather tense and erotic having this strange man in her flat. It struck me as a great premise for a TV series. What if the police are investigating a murder and what if a relationship developed between the policeman and his host?"
Who is in the cast?
- Noel Clarke (Bulletproof) stars in the lead role as DC Martin Young
- Alexandra Roach (Black Mirror) plays single mum Zoe Sterling
- Amy Wren plays missing school teacher Gemma
- Fehinti Balogun is Gemma's boyfriend Greg
- Former Corrie star Catherine Tyldesley is another familiar face
- Coronation street alumni Ian Puleston Davies appears
- Sarah Niles (Catastrophe) can be spotted on the show
- Ex EastEnders actress Shannon Murray stars
- Poldark's Phil Davis is also part of the cast
Viewpoint airs Monday, April 26 at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article