Woman woth stomach pain is horrified to find her toilet full of WORMS

‘Is that a spaghetti noodle?’ Woman suffering from months-long stomach pain is horrified to find her toilet full of WORMS – and she claims prepackaged SALADS are to blame for the parasite

  • Jacqui from Montana had been suffering from stomach pain and fatigue for months when she used the toilet and found it full of spaghetti-like worms
  • She was struggling with an eating disorder at the time and had been exclusively eating prepackaged salads
  • An infectious disease doctor told her the worms were ascaris, a parasite that can be transmitted by soil and which grow up to 35 cm. (13.78 in.) long
  • Ascaris is not exclusive to prepackaged produce and, while common worldwide, is rare in the US
  • She was prescribed a three-pill anti-parasitic that worked quickly, but her insurance refused to cover it, leaving her with a $3,000 bill
  • Jacqui is warning others to thoroughly wash their produce, even prepackaged salads

An American woman is warning people to always thoroughly wash their produce — even prepackaged salads — after she came down with a horrifying bout of worms.

In a series of TIkTok videos, Jacqui from Montana said that she went through a period of exclusively eating prepackaged salads, and after a while, she began experiencing fatigue and constant stomach pain.

She soon learned that the source of her health issues was a parasitic worm infection, having made the disgusting discovery after she rushed to the toilet and pooped out a pile of dead worms.

Careful! Jacqui from Montana is warning people to always thoroughly wash their produce — even prepackaged salads — after she came down with a horrifying bout of worms

Yikes! The parasite, ascaris, can be transmitted by soil and which grow up to 35 cm. (13.78 in.) long. It’s not exclusive to prepackaged produce and is rare in the US

How it happened: She went through a period of exclusively eating prepackaged salads

##greenscreen THIS IS WHY YOU DON¿T EAT THESE ##salad ##fyp ##foryoupage ##McDonaldsCCSing ##tryingtohelp ##dontdoit ##partone

‘I’m gonna tell you guys why you should never eat prepackaged salads,’ Jacqui warned in the first of three viral TikTok videos, which had been viewed 10 million times so far.

‘I’ve struggled with eating disorders my entire life and I was going through a phase where I would only eat salads,’ she went on.

‘My job required me to bring a lunch every day, so I would bring a little prepackaged salad.’

But after a few weeks of this routine,’I started getting really, really sick. I was tired all the time, taking naps throughout the day, my stomach hurt all the time.’

Her pain last for about two months, and she felt ‘so, so f***ing sick.’

‘One day, I went to my son’s basketball practice and I had my baby with me and I ended up having to go to the bathroom because my stomach was hurting so bad.

‘This is kind of my worst nightmare because I hate pooping in public, and what I f***ing saw in the toilet…’ she said, pausing for suspense.

‘F***ing worms in my s***! And not just one or two. Is that a spaghetti noodle? No. Like, no poop. All f***ing worms,’ she said.

‘So I’m in the bathroom, and I’m freaking out, like what the f*** is this? So I’m sitting there praying to god that nobody comes in the bathroom. And I call my doctor.’

Her doctor saw her that same day, and ended up calling an infectious disease doctor to come and look at her stool — who was ‘excited’ to see it.

‘He literally, like, twiddles his fingers together and is like, “Woo, ascaris!” That’s the kind of worms that I had.’

Ascaris is a type of parasitic worm that can be transmitted by soil, causing ascariasis. Though rare in the US, it accounts for much of the parasitic disease worldwide. Ascaris is also not exclusive to prepackaged produce. 

Quick appointment: Her doctor saw her that same day, and ended up calling an infectious disease doctor to come and look at her stool — who was ‘excited’ to see it


‘He literally, like, twiddles his fingers together and is like, “Woo, ascaris!” That’s the kind of worms that I had’

Ew! The worms that she saw leaving her body were already dead, but there were still worms that were alive inside of her — and she should expect to see a lot more coming out in the toilet

What is Ascaris?

Ascaris, also known as small intestinal roundworm, is a type of parasitic worm that lives in the intestine and causes ascariasis.

Though people who contract it may show no symptoms, those who do can experience abdominal pain, nausea vomiting, diarrhea or bloody stools, fatigue, and malnutrition. In more severe cases, they will come out in a person’s stool. 

According to the CDC, ascaris eggs are passed in the feces of infected people. If this is done outside, the eggs can be deposited in the soil, and can then make their way into produce. 

Prevention includes thoroughly washing all produce before consumption. 

Ascaris is a more common intestinal parasite, infecting an estimated 807 million to 1.2 billion people in the world.

However, it is quite rare in the US. 

Also known as ‘small intestinal roundworms,’ they can grow up to 35 cm. (13.78 in.) long and cause intestinal symptoms like abdominal pain, nausea vomiting, diarrhea or bloody stools, fatigue, and malnutrition.

But Jacqui was told not to worry, and that she could pick up three pills at the pharmacy that would ‘knock ’em right out of her system.’

But the doctor also warned her: The worms that she saw leaving her body were already dead, but there were still worms that were alive inside of her — and she should expect to see a lot more coming out in the toilet.

Unfortunately, when she went to the pharmacy to pick up her much-needed medication, she learned that her insurance company wouldn’t cover it, leaving her with a $3,000 bill.

Furious, Jacqui called up the salad company to complain, but they demanded how she could know that it was their salads that caused her infection.

‘B****, ’cause that’s all I was eating!’ she said.

The company ended up offering her a coupon for a free salad.  

Speaking to BuzzFeed, she added that her doctor had never seen such a bad case of worms before.

‘He didn’t even want to look at the pictures I had taken or the stool sample! It actually freaked him out a little! He immediately called in the infectious disease doctor to take a look and diagnose,’ she said. 

Cutr: Jacqui was told not to worry, and that she could pick up three pills at the pharmacy that would ‘knock ’em right out of her system’

Healthcare: When she went to the pharmacy to pick up her much-needed medication, she learned that her insurance company wouldn’t cover it, leaving her with a $3,000 bill

Thankfully, the anti-parasitic pills she was prescribed worked within two to three days, clearing up her stomach issues. Her anemia — which cause extreme fatigue, weakness, and heart palpitations — took a few weeks to get better.

As for her hefty bill, Jacqui insists that both her doctor and pharmacist went the extra mile to try convince her insurance company to cover the cost, but they still refused, leaving Jacqui dipping into her savings and borrowing money from family to pay. 

Jacqui is now warning others to clean their produce well and invest in a salad spinner. She also warned anyone with unhealthy eating ideas not to adhere to her salad-only diet, because she not only got sick, but she didn’t even lose any weight.

‘The meaningful parts of my story are: wash your food, practice good hygiene, and pay attention to your body. My intention isn’t to demonize this brand of salad for my one experience,’ Jacqui explained.  

Source: Read Full Article