ARSENAL continue their preparations for the big visit to Liverpool this weekend.
And the Gunners have made a fine start to the season – with back-to-back wins over Newcastle and Burnley.
Stick around for the latest Gunners news and gossip below…
LIVERPOOL could “expose” new boy David Luiz is Saturday's clash at Anfield, according to ex-Arsenal star Charlie Nicholas.
The 57-year-old told Sporting Life: “The team will definitely be positive going into it, but the defensive frailties are still there and with Liverpool playing their front three, they will have pace and menace to deal with.
“The other way to look at it, is that it will be a test to see whether Arsenal are in relation to the top four.
“And a huge question on the day will be whether David Luiz is exposed.”
IAN WRIGHT went to watch Eddie Nketiah on his Leeds debut.
And the Arsenal loanee did NOT disappoint…
The 20-year-old scored the only goal of the game against Brentford at Elland Road.
MESUT OZIL has urged Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock to believe in themselves – and have fun!
Speaking about the duo, Ozil told Arsenal Player: “I just want to say that the most important thing is to believe in yourself.
“Of course you have some days when it doesn't go so well, but you have to believe in yourself, keep working and the most important thing is to have fun.
“If you don't have fun, if you are losing and you make mistakes you will be disappointed.
“But don't listen to anyone, you know how good you are, believe in yourself and have fun.”
ARSENAL legend Thierry Henry has been sneaking into the Emirates to watch matches as he plots his way back into football.
The club's record scorer has been without work since being sacked as Monaco manager in January after four wins from 20 games in charge.
Speaking to the Telegraph, he said: “I manage to go to games without people noticing me, which is great.
“Sometimes I go to Arsenal and people don't even know I'm there. Graeme Jones has invited me to Luton and Michael Flynn, who I know from doing my coaching badges, has invited me to Newport County.
“But I like to step out of my normal environment as well and speak to people in different sports and open my mind to different preparation.”
ARSENAL injury update…
The Gunners have provided an update on their crocked players ahead of this weekend's clash against Liverpool.
- Granit Xhaka: Back in full training
- Mesut Ozil: Back in full training
- Rob Holding: Left knee. Continuing with on-field rehab and now participating in full training with the first team
- Emile Smith Rowe: Groin. Aiming to participate by the end of August.
- Hector Bellerin: Left knee. Continuing with on-field rehab. Aiming to participate in full training in October.
- Kieran Tierney: Groin. Continues to receive treatment and further assessments. Aiming to participate in full training in October.
- Dinos Mavropanos: Groin. Continues to receive treatment and further assessments. Aiming to participate in full training in October.
Source: Read Full Article