- Jan Blachowicz beat Dominick Reyes by knockout in the second round of a light heavyweight title bout on Fight Island on Saturday, September 26.
- But before Blachowicz got the win, he landed a kick so powerful that bruising littered Reyes' torso in an instant.
- UFC photographer Josh Hedges was Octagonside at the Flash Forum to get a close-up photo of the damage.
- You can see his photo below.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A photo from Fight Island shows the painful, lasting effects a brutal, well-timed, body kick can have on a championship fighter body.
The UFC returned to Yas Island in Abu Dhabi for a six week, five event residency in the quarantined bubble, with UFC 253 opening the festival.
A new light heavyweight champion was anointed in the co-main event on Saturday, September 26, with Jan Blachowicz displaying his power in the second round, finishing Dominick Reyes by knockout.
But before his win, a photographer captured the moment which shows the damage a fighter can suffer when a kick lands full whack.
Josh Hedges, who works for UFC parent company Zuffa LLC, was Octagonside at the Flash Forum for the fight.
Here's the bruising he documented:
Blachowicz was rewarded with a $50,000 performance-related bonus for finishing Reyes, and advanced his record to 27 wins (eight knockouts, nine submissions, and 10 decisions) against eight losses.
Source: Read Full Article