Al Nassr chief breaks silence on Cristiano Ronaldo deal as Saudi club aim to make him highest paid athlete of all time | The Sun

AL NASSR president Musalli Al Muammar has quashed shock rumours linking Cristiano Ronaldo with a move to Saudi Arabia.

Sensational reports emerged earlier this month that the 37-year-old was set to make the move to the Middle East.

Ronaldo is a free agent following his sacking from Manchester United and is searching for a new club.

Marca claimed that Ronaldo had agreed a two-year deal that would see him earn a staggering £173million-a-year at Al Nassr.

That would have made him the highest paid sportsman in history.

Manager Rudi Garcia said that he would be "delighted" to work alongside Ronaldo.

read more transfer news

Chelsea to sign ‘next Haaland’ as Bayern Munich target World Cup hero

Most popular Christmas slot games 2022 — check out our top 10 favourite slots

But chief Al Muammar revealed that he hasn't even spoken with the legend.

He SSC Sports told "Cristiano was busy recently with the World Cup and I didn’t expect him to negotiate with anyone.

"We will not speak about other players, I wish the best to Cristiano with any decision."

Ronaldo has returned to Europe following Portugal's World Cup exit and is still yet to find a new club.

Most read in Football

'ICON OF FOOTBALL AND LIFE'

Lazio and Yugoslavia legend Mihajlovic dies after cancer battle

IT'S OFFICIAL

World Cup final referee announced after Michael Oliver was sent home

BUMMED OUT

Miss Bum Bum taunts 'World Cup's hottest fan' Ivana Knoll after Croatia defeat

MAYBE MOR

Morocco file official complaint to Fifa over France World Cup semi-final result

HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON THE WORLD CUP

But the ex-United star has been training with Real Madrid – thanks to his strong relationship with his former club – to maintain his fitness levels.

Ronaldo is training away from the first-team with Los Blancos already preparing for their return to LaLiga action on December 30.

Source: Read Full Article