CHELSEA stars pocketed a massive £10MILLION bonus after beating Manchester City in the Champions League final.
Kai Havertz scored the only goal of the game as Thomas Tuchel's side tamed the Premier League's runaway winners in Porto.
The Blues' heroes had already secured a tasty £5m windfall after beating Real Madrid in the semis earlier this month.
But, despite entering Saturday's showpiece as heavy underdogs, they never looked like losing after Havertz netted two minutes before half time.
And nobody could argue it was fully merited.
Chilwell fed Mount and his diagonal pass embarrassed City, locating the gap between Ruben Dias and Oleksandr Zinchenko, and sending Havertz clean through.
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
Ederson rushed out of his goal but Havertz rolled it around him, steadied himself and tucked into an empty net.
The bonus package was agreed at the start of the season when nobody gave Chelsea a hope of winning the Champions League for a second time.
SunSport revealed that mega-rich City's squad would have trousered around £15m from a bonus pot should they have won, with some players getting more than others.
- ?WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- ⚽️Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- ???????Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- ⚽️Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- ???????Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- ⚽️Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Source: Read Full Article