CHELSEA host Wolves at Stamford Bridge as new manager Thomas Tuchel takes charge for the first time.
Frank Lampard was dismissed from his post earlier this week after a string of poor results, with the German stepping in after leaving PSG late last year.
Wolves meanwhile will be hoping to capitalise on the turmoil behind the scenes in West London and complete a Premier League double over the Blues.
PRICE BOOST: TAMMY ABRAHAM TO HAVE OVER TWO SHOTS ON TARGET BOOSTED
What time does Chelsea vs Wolves kick off?
- This top-flight clash will be held on Wednesday, January 27 – TONIGHT.
- Kick-off is at 6pm GMT.
- When the sides last met, Wolves ran out 2-1 winners in December – their last Premier League victory.
What TV channel is Chelsea vs Wolves on and can I live stream it?
- You can catch this game live on BT Sport 1 and Ultimate.
- Coverage will begin at 5.30pm.
- If you're a BT Sport subscriber or have BT Broadband, you can stream using the official app on a number of a devices.
Can I watch Chelsea vs Wolves for free?
- EE customers can get BT Sport INCLUDED to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a plan with Smart Benefits – simply log in to EE and choose BT Sport app.
- And then get it on the big screen by texting SPORT to 150 to get a FREE three-month trial of Large Screen so you can cast all the action on your TV.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £5 per month BT Sport Large Screen subscription unless cancelled.
What is the team news?
Edouard Mendy is expected to retain his place between the sticks after Kepa failed to take his chance in the FA Cup.
Timo Werner could be played centrally by Tuchel as the German looks to rediscover his goalscoring touch.
N'Golo Kante remains out with a hamstring issue but that is Chelsea's only injury concern.
And there are rumours that Mason Mount has been dropped by Thomas Tuchel and Callum Hudson-Odoi will start at right wing-back.
For Wolves, they could start Willian Jose upfront after the forward arrived on loan from Sociedad.
Jonny Otto, Marcal and Daniel Podence are all out, as is long-term absentee Raul Jimenez.
- Chelsea to win – 1/2
- Draw at the Bridge – 3/1
- Wolves victory – 5/1
*Match odds odds from Ladbrokes and correct at time of publication.
- Kostas Lianos
GOOD EVENING FROM CHELSEA
Welcome to our live coverage of the Premier League clash between Chelsea and Wolves at Stamford Bridge.
It's a new day at the Blues as owner Roman Abramovich decided to fire club legend Frank Lampard from the dugout following a run of poor results this season and replaced him with former Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain manager Thomas Tuchel.
Tuchel got to work straight away and will be taking charge of his first ever Premier League match tonight against Wolves.
The German coach will have to make a late call regarding N'Golo Kante's fitness as the star midfielder is still dealing with some hamstring problems.
The visitors are still waiting on January transfer signing Willian Jose's work permit to come through so that he can link up with the rest of the squad as soon as possible.
Jose has signed with Wolves on loan from Real Sociedad to boost Nuno Espirito Santo's attack but also needs to return a negative coronavirus test before traveling to the UK.
Nuno will be without Marcal, Jonny and star striker Raul Jimenez who are nursing a groin, knee and head injury respectively.
The Portuguese manager will also be missing Morgan Gibbs-White, who tested positive for COVID-19
Source: Read Full Article