NOVAK DJOKOVIC is looking to make history as he heads to Flushing Meadows for this year's US Open.
The Serb will become the first male player of the Open era to win the Calendar Grand Slam if he emerges victorious in New York.
Victory at Flushing Meadows would also see him stand alone as the most successful Grand Slam player in history, with 21 titles to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's 20.
Brits Dan Evans and Emma Raducanu are also in action in NYC while Andy Murray was beaten by Stefanos Tsitsipas in an epic.
And you can watch the action for free.
When is the US Open 2021?
- The US Open commences on Monday, August 30.
- The Women's final will be held on Saturday, September 11 with the Men's final concluding things on Sunday, September 12.
- Each day session will start at 5pm UK time with the night session following at midnight.
What TV channel is the US Open on and can I live stream it?
- The US Open is exclusively live on Amazon Prime video.
- It costs £7.99/month to sign up.
Can I watch the US Open for free?
- Yes. You can get a 30-day FREE trial of Amazon Prime.
- However, your membership will revert to the regular paid package if not cancelled before the trial period expires.
Who won the US Open last year?
Naomi Osaka won a second US Open Women's title in 2020 as she beat Victoria Azarenka 1-6, 6-3, 6-3.
Novak Djokovic however, did not win the men's title after being disqualified from his match against Pablo Carreno Busta after accidentally hitting a line judge in the throat with a ball.
That allowed Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverez to play out an epic final in which Thiem came from two sets down to win 2-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (8-6).
However, the Austrian will not be in New York to defend his title this year as he is out with a wrist injury.
Source: Read Full Article