Married Everton star has bail extended after being arrested on suspicion of child sex offences

A MARRIED Everton star arrested on suspicion of child sex offences has had his bail extended.

The Premier League player, who can't be named for legal reasons, was held by police on Friday, July 16 before being released on bail.

Greater Manchester Police have now confirmed the player has had his bail extended by a further three months, The Athletic reports.

No further details about the case have been provided.

Cops raided his home earlier in July and "several items were seized".

The International player has been suspended by Everton while police continue to investigate the allegations.

A statement from the club said: "Everton can confirm it has suspended a player pending a police investigation.

“The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.”

His arrest has sent shockwaves through the club.

A source said: “It has stunned the dressing room. Everyone’s hoping the allegations aren’t true."

The alleged offences have been described as "very serious" with the probe led by Greater Manchester Police’s Major Incident Team.

In a statement at the time, the force said: "Officers arrested a man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences. 

"He is on police bail pending further enquiries."

The player’s agent declined to comment.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article