MIKE TYSON will fight Roy Jones Jr in eight two-minute rounds after the WBC stepped in over SAFETY concerns.
But Jones Jr believes changing it from six three-minte rounds actually make it MORE dangerous for him against the self-titled Baddest Man On The Planet.
The two boxing legends will have an exhibition bout on November 28 in the US at a combined age of 105.
Jones has shockingly admitted 'death is a possibility' when he squares off against Iron Mike.
And Tyson's trainer Rafael Cordeiro previously stated that Tyson, even at the age of 54, could 'kill somebody'.
Now the WBC, who are commissing the bout, have added a stipulation to the American pair trading blows.
Jones Jr explained on the Joe Rogan Podcast: "They've got me doing 8x2miniute rounds now.
"That's to his advantage too. Everything's to his advantage, that's to his advantage too.
"At this point, the fans are so excited about it, I wouldn't want to pull the rug from under the fans… and they (Team Tyson) will try and sue me.
"It's not really worth it, so I'm going to go in and do these two rounds , but I'm going to have to work a little bit faster than I expected to."
Jones Jr was furious the fight was pushedback to November after it was initially scheduled for September.
But despite yet another change in the rules, the 51-year-old is all hands to the pump – despite admitting it will be 'dangerous' for him.
He added: "They decided this just last week. They change stuff on me by the week.
"I think the WBC came in and said they want to put up some kind of title or something, so they want to cut it back to two minute rounds.
"They said something about the Arce and Chavez Sr fight, how fatigued they were after the fight and they feel like that's a safety measure.
"But what they don't realise is that the longer you keep Mike fresh, the more dangerous that is for me.
"I need to get Mike un-fresh quick, so that I can get out this danger zone.
"(Chavez Sr) and Arce fought a 'true' exhibition with headgear and big gloves, but they said they were so exhausted afterwards, that they felt that is what could inhibit somebody's health.
"I want it to be three minute rounds, it's safer for me."
Jones Jr began his professional career way back in May 1989 and was crowned heavyweight champion of the world four years later.
He fought a whopping 75 times in a career that spanned virtually three decades with his last pro bout in February 2018 as he beat Scott Sigmon to take his record to 66-9.
But now into his 50s, Jones Jr knows the risk is increasing – but said dying through boxing would make him 'die a happy man'.
He added: "Problem with me is, why I love and why I do what I do, because I love boxing.
"So if I gotta die boxing, I die a happy man."
Source: Read Full Article