BOXING icons Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr are preparing to do battle in a spectacular exhibition fight.
The 54-year-old Tyson will face Jones, 51, in a long-awaited bout, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape.
The California State Commission say the exhibition bout will be fought under the rules that both men will not look for the knock-out and will instead "exhibit" their skills, but both fighters have come out and said the contrary.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The big fight is now set for Thanksgiving Weekend – Saturday, November 28 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- It was originally set to take place on September 12 but the event has been postponed until later in the year.
- The undercard is expected to start at 9pm ET which is 1am GMT and the main event will follow between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds in the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
What live stream and TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on?
- BT Sport Box Office will be broadcasting the fight in the UK.
- Coverage begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in UK. The undercard is set to start from 1am GMT.
- The social media site Triller will also be airing the PPV fight.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the show, and musical acts will be announced for performances too.
Who is on the Tyson vs Jones Jr undercard?
YouTuber Jake Paul leads the way on the four-fight card when he takes on ex-NBA star Nate Robinson.
Elsewhere KSI's trainer Viddal Riley is also in action as is former super-middleweight champion Badou Jack.
- Tyson vs Jones Jr
- Badou Jack vs Blake McKernan
- Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson
- Viddal Riley vs Rashad Coulter
What are the rules of the fight?
The fight will be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
No headguards will be worn but the fighters will be wearing larger 12-ounce gloves.
Technically the fight can only be stopped if there is a knock-out, but California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster said he will stop it as soon as a cut appears.
Forster said: "Tyson and Jones Jr. won’t be wearing headgear for the fight. They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there won’t be any judges present at the fight to score the action. So, technically, there won’t be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs, or either fighter is deemed unfit to continue.
"They can move around and make some money, but I told them if you get cut, it’s over."
What have they said?
Mike Tyson: "We're throwing punches at each other. This is going to be my definition of fun … broken eye sockets, broken jaw, broken rib. That's fun to me."
Roy Jones Jr: "He's still Mike Tyson, he's still one of the strongest, most explosive people who ever touched a boxing ring. If anything, I made a mistake going in with him. He's the bigger guy, he's the explosive guy. He's going to have all the first-round fireworks, not me. I do have first-round fireworks, but he's known for more first-round fireworks than anybody to ever touch boxing, other than maybe George Foreman."
Source: Read Full Article