The Irish jump racing season culminates there in late April for the five-day Punchestown Festival, a meeting that often attracts several high-class British raiders.
Where is Punchestown racecourse?
Punchestown racecourse is located in the parish of Eadestown, between the R410 and R411 regional roads near Naas, County Kildare, in Ireland.
The address for the course is Punchestown, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
How do I get to Punchestown?
From Dublin Airport – 48kms (30 miles) M1, M50, N7, R410
From Dublin City – 35km (22miles) N7, R410
From Cork – 2hrs, 40 mins, N8, N7 R410
From Galway – 2hrs, 50mins M6, M4, M50, N7, R410
From Belfast – 2hrs, 20mins, M1, M50, N7, R410
Irish Rail operate a service from Dublin's Heuston Station to Sallins (just outside Naas).
During the festival there will be a shuttle bus service in operation which will transfer passengers to Poplar Square in Naas for free.
From there the raceday bus will collect (from €5) or a taxi direct to the track should be around €10 – €15.
What meetings take place at Punchestown?
A full list of the race meetings scheduled:
- New Years Eve Countdown (Monday 31st December 2018) – Book Tickets HERE
- Moscow Flyer Hurdle Day (Sunday 13th January 2018) – Book Tickets HERE
- Toals.com Day (Tuesday 14th January 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- BoyleSports National Trail Day (Sunday 10th February 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- Quevega Mares Hurdle Day (Wednesday 20th February 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- Boylesports Champion Chase Day 1 (Tuesday 30th April 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- Coral Punchestown Gold Cup Day 2 (Wednesday 1st May 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- Ladbrokes Hurdle Day 3 (Thursday 2nd May 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- Betdaq Champion Hurdle Day 4 (Friday 3rd May 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
- AES Family Day 5 (Saturday 4th May 2019) – Book Tickets HERE
How much do tickets for Punchestown racecourse cost?
General admission tickets for adults are currently available for between €12 and €25, depending on the meeting.
Source: Read Full Article