The UCLA Bruins (0-1) head into their 4:15 p.m. ET home opener off a disappointing week-one performance at Cincinnati. Saturday, the Bruins will host the San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
The Aztecs are coming off a crazy game against a decent FCS foe in Weber State. SDSU (7-6 in 2018) defeated Weber State, 6-0, in a game that perhaps saw the marching bands log more total yardage than the Aztecs and Wildcats. The West Coast neighbors are meeting for the first time since 2009. UCLA (3-9 last season) leads the all-time series, 21-0-1.
San Diego State Aztecs at UCLA Bruins: Betting trends and tips
- The Aztecs are 3-8 over their last 11 non-conference road tilts.
- Plenty went wrong for UCLA in the team’s opener against the Bearcats. A banged-up offense went just 6-for-18 on third- and fourth-down conversions, 8-for-26 in the passing game, and was a minus-2 in turnover margin.
- Throw in a lot of penalties (nine) and a low time of possession (21:33). Figure on some gravity touching a few of those areas, and things may not be as bleak for the Bruins as they were in a smallest-of-all-samples tough opening road game.
Win your fantasy football league!
TheHuddle.com’s fantasy football insider service will help you dominate the competition as they have done for over two decades. This year, it’s your turn to win! Subscribe now at TheHuddle.com; use code ” sbw19 ” to take $10 off. Discount valid for first-time Huddle subscribers through 9/14/19.
- Touchdowns may be worth more than six points in this one. They may be worth gold. The Aztecs (six points last week) averaged 20.6 PPG in 2018.
- SDSU’s season-high – in the year of half-a-hundreds falling like leaves – was 31 points.
- UCLA (14 points last week) averaged 24.6 last year.
- Rocky Long’s Aztec teams are 5-14 against the spread in their last 19 games on grass.
San Diego State Aztecs at UCLA Bruins: Odds, betting lines and picks
Aug 29, 2019; Cincinnati, OH, USA; UCLA Bruins quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson (1) scrambles against the Cincinnati Bearcats in the second half at Nippert Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports
Aug 29, 2019; Cincinnati, OH, USA; UCLA Bruins quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson (1) scrambles against the Cincinnati Bearcats in the second half at Nippert Stadium. (Photo Credit: Aaron Doster – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds provided by BetMGM ; for a full-set of sports betting odds , access them at USA TODAY Sports .
Lines last updated Saturday at 9:45 a.m. ET.
UCLA 34, San Diego State 14
Moneyline ( ?)
A lot of juice and no lean either way on the SDSU +260/UCLA -334 figures.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Figure on some significant growth late in Chip Kelly’s first year at the helm (higher scores, 3-0 ATS last three games). And then 19 starters return. And then regress the week-one misstep and put the Sons of Brentwood against a low-scoring Aztec team. UCLA -7.5 (-110) looks good on a moderate-confidence play.
Over/Under ( ?)
How low can they go? The number is 45.5 and there’s pressure on the under (-125). Looking at UCLA’s late-season work at home in 2018, there is a low-confidence lean in the zag – the OVER 45.5 at +105.
Get in on the action, place your bets at BetMGM .
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter @SportsbookWire.
Antonio Brown recorded a conversation with Jon Gruden and put it on YouTube
Jay Cutler was on the sidelines at the Packers-Bears game and fans had so many jokes
The Packers shut down the Bears and may have shown us the future of NFL defense
Amusement park hero catches flying cell phone during roller coaster ride
Angler just misses world record with huge trout
Source: Read Full Article