THE World Cup is sadly coming to a close but the race for the Golden Boot is still well and truly on.
Lionel Messi is not only chasing the one trophy which has eluded him in his illustrious career.
But the Argentine legend now has one eye on the golden boot having worked his way to the top.
However, leading the way with Messi is his Paris Saint-Germain teammate Kylian Mbappe.
And the pair are set to go up against one another in Sunday's mouth-watering World Cup final.
England's Harry Kane won it in 2018 but find out how the chart is looking for the Qatar edition.
Read more on World Cup
Qatar beer ban could cost Fifa staggering £40M with Budweiser World Cup deal
Why isn’t Harry Kane wearing the OneLove armband for England?
Most read in Football
Swiss footy star Elia Alessandrini dies in pool tragedy in front of girlfriend
Scott McTominay slammed by animal charities for playing tug-of-war with tiger
Arsenal sweat on ANOTHER injury as Reiss Nelson hobbles out of friendly
Southgate to STAY as England boss for Euro 2024 as he eyes final shot at glory
World Cup Golden Boot standings
- Kylian Mbappe – France – 5
- Lionel Messi – Argentina – 5
- Olivier Giroud – France – 4
- Julian Alvarez – Argentina – 4
- Marcus Rashford – England – 3
- Bukayo Saka – England – 3
- Goncalo Ramos – Portugal – 3
- Alvaro Morata – Spain – 3
- Richarlison – Brazil – 3
- Cody Gakpo – Netherlands – 3
- Enner Valencia – Ecuador – 3
- Robert Lewandowski – Poland – 2
- Mehdi Taremi – Iran – 2
- Andrej Kramaric – Croatia – 2
- Breel Embolo – Switzerland – 2
- Kai Havertz – Germany – 2
- Aleksandar Mitrovic – Serbia – 2
- Ferran Torres – Spain – 2
- Mohammed Kudus – Ghana – 2
- Bruno Fernandes – Portugal – 2
Source: Read Full Article