Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Piers Morgan took to Twitter to silence a former "treacherous backstabbing" CNN co-star who claimed he was fired from Good Morning Britain.
The outspoken 55-year-old was left seething after political strategist Ana Navarro-Cárdenas, who regularly appears on the channel, took to Twitter to hit out at Piers.
As a result of the online spat, Piers shared that he was "still working" with ITV after he angrily stormed off Good Morning Britain last week and subsequently went on to quit the show.
Drama ignited on set with weatherman Alex Beresford and the Life Stories star going head-to-head with differing views following the Meghan Markle bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Following the showdown, Piers decided to exit the show after five years at the helm.
After such an eventful week, comments from news anchor Ana, which were defending the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, didn't sit well with Piers at all.
Alongside an article about the GMB star's swift exit from the show, Ana penned: "If no other change comes out of the #OprahMeghanHarry interview, that it lead to @piersmorgan getting fired again from yet another job, seems like a good outcome for the benefit of humanity."
Retweeting, the commentator's post, Piers fired back a few harsh shots.
He said: "Hi Ana, I wasn't fired by ITV (I'm still working for them) just as I wasn't fired by CNN (I was offered a new 2-year deal – ask Jeff).
"But great to see you're just as big a treacherous little back-stabber now as you were when I worked at CNN."
The TV star decided it was time to step down from the ITV programme after chiefs allegedly urged Piers to apologise after he'd racked up over 40,000 Ofcom complaints, following his comments about Meghan Markle.
Addressing viewers, he made it quite clear that he "didn't believe a word" of the interview.
The Suits star had raised issues such as race and mental health while speaking to Oprah which is why Piers' instant dismissal led to such an outcry from the public.
In spite of such an action-packed week, it is believed that Piers will land on his feet again and apparently he already has a number of lucrative deals on the table.
An insider revealed to the Mirror: "He has had millions of pounds worth of offers. He turned GMB into a ratings hit, it seems everything he touches turns to gold.
"People love his honesty, even the people that don’t like him, they can’t help but be interested in what he says.
"Some of the offers have hit the £10million mark, and it seems he may be able to land exactly what he wants."
- Good Morning Britain
- Meghan Markle
- Piers Morgan
Source: Read Full Article