Piers Morgan claims police investigating death threat against him and his son

Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday

Piers Morgan, 55, said police are currently investigating a death threat he and his eldest son Spencer, 27, have received.

The ex-GMB host said an online troll warned Piers that he was a "marked man".

In his bombshell Mail on Sunday column, Piers also revealed that his three sons – Spencer, Stanley and Albert – had also received threatening messages from people online.

"One troll vowed to murder me in front of them, and added: "When your dad dies, the world will have a party.

"Normally, I revel in the noise," Piers wrote. "But unregulated social media, as anyone in the public eye will confirm, has got increasingly vicious and nasty."

Yet more messages came about after Piers’ publicly aired his disbelief about Meghan Markle's assertions that she felt suicidal during her explosive Oprah interview alongside Prince Harry.

Piers said his three sons are also "being targeted" online, and have shown him "screenshots of venomous abuse and threats of violence towards them, which made my stomach church, especially as police are already investigating a death threat made to me and my eldest boy Spencer last month."

He said "none" of his sons "even care about Meghan Markle, let alone agree with my views on her".

He added that the "Twitter troll mob" has tarred them with the same brush regardless.

Piers used his Mail on Sunday column to advocate for "free speech" and rail against so-called "cancel culture" – yet insisted he "is not a victim and has not been cancelled".

He notoriously branded Meghan’s claims that Archie was denied a title due to his skin colour "complete nonsense".

But he failed to mention the Queen’s 2012 policy change in the column, which would break the historic protocol set out in the 1917 letter to make Prince William and Kate Middleton’s children automatic princes and princesses.

And Piers also detailed his "frosty" goodbye with former GMB co-host Susanna Reid, but admitted he regretted storming off set.

Susanna told him his reaction to Meghan’s mental health admission was "a pathetic reaction".

Piers made waves this month following a blazing row with weather presenter Alex Beresford, who replaced him in the hosting seat last week for a Friday morning shake-up.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

It is yet to be revealed who will replace the controversial figure for good on the popular morning programme.

For emotional support you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email [email protected], visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.

  • Meghan Markle
  • Piers Morgan
  • Prince Harry
  • Good Morning Britain

Source: Read Full Article