Piers Morgan says ITV have asked him to return to GMB in comeback bombshell

Piers Morgan has revealed ITV bosses want him back on Good Morning Britain after the epic strop that saw him storm off-set while filming live.

The storm-off came after a row over Piers' coverage of Meghan Markle’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, alongside her husband Prince Harry.

He has since said that he "still doesn’t believe" Meghan, and the revelations she shared during the groundbreaking interview.

But ITV bosses allegedly want the outspoken figure back on-set and have approached him more than once.

"They reached out – there have been approaches," Piers told The Sun. "Never say never."

Since he left, Piers’ seat has been filled by various presenters including Adil Ray, former Labour spin-doctor Alastair Campbell and weather presenter Alex Beresford.

"I have no doubt I could take the ratings back to where I left them – but the doubt is, would anyone be allowed to do it that way again?" Piers continued.

He added: "I was hired to give very strong, honestly held opinions, which I did. But in the end, I was asked to apologise for a genuinely held opinion."

Piers said he lost his job as he "refused to apologise" to Meghan Markle – despite prior claims that ITV had promised he did not need to offer an apology.

In a letter published on his social media, Piers wrote: "Now I’ve lost my job at Good Morning Britain because I chose not to apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle’s claims in her interview with Oprah Winfrey."

Piers originally said he quit the role the night after storming off-set.

In his Mail on Sunday column, published shortly after the notorious incident, Piers had instead said: "ITV asked me to clarify what I meant on tomorrow’s show, which I’m happy to do as it’s been deliberately misconstrued to suggest I don’t think victims of mental illness should be believed.

"I was told I don’t need to apologise."

But now he claims some "quite random third-party feelers" have been extended to see if he would be willing to make a return to the show – but wouldn’t say who it was.

"There have been approaches to test the water in the wake of their obvious ratings issues," he said, as GMB’s ratings have been beaten out by competitor morning show BBC Breakfast.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

With Piers and co-host Susanna Reid at the helm, GMB overtook the BBC programme for the first time in ratings.

But since then, his legendary rant has garnered the most Ofcom complaints in television history, racking up more than 57,000.

Even the Duchess of Sussex herself contacted ITV boss Carolyn McCall over the segment and sent off a complaint to broadcasting watchdog Ofcom.

Source: Read Full Article