Ratched star Charlie Carver has teased a epic Desperate Housewives reunion and urged the show's bosses to 'give fans what they want.'
When asked if the Netflix star like to see the show come back, the actor said he would love nothing more than to go back to Wisteria Lane.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
Charlie, 32, told Digital Spy: "Oh, sure! If that's what the people want, then give them what they want. That would be a blast, to go back to Wisteria Lane.
"Gosh, I count my blessings for having had that be my first job in the business. And, wow, what a way to start."
Charlie played Porter Scavo on the comedy drama, one of Lynette's oldest twin sons.
He appeared in seasons 5 to 8 from 2008-2012.
Carver came out as gay in 2016 and has played a number of queer characters on screen since then.
Asked if it was a conscious decision, Charlie replied: "For a while, it was what I was up for, most often. The prevailing wisdom when I decided to come out was: you know, even if you do choose to come out, you have to be very careful about getting pigeonholed.
"And I took issue with that. I found it kind of offensive. I don't want to be limited as a gay man or a gay actor. I don't want to be limited to only playing gay roles."
He added: "But at the same time, to be told I might be endangering my career by choosing to play more than one of them? That just didn't seem true or accurate of the times."
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
In regards to improving queer representation, Charlie believes it starts behind the scenes.
The Teen Wolf star answered: "I don't think anything can be achieved instantaneously.
"So much of what needs to happen is more equity behind the scenes, and having all kinds of people in positions of power."
"I think that's what needs to happen most. Even on the crew side. Crews can be more reflective of the world we actually live in."
Source: Read Full Article