If you love brownies and pie, you’ll love this deliciousrecipe. In her Magnolia Table cookbook, JoannaGaines shares her recipe for brownie pie. The former Fixer Upperstar says her children love to eat both of these desserts, so she decided tocombine them to make this pie. She said the result of this recipe left her kidsawestruck. “Two of my kids’ most favorite desserts in the world are browniesand pie. The first time I made this they thought I was some kind of miracleworker. This really is the best of both worlds: rich brownies with chocolatechips and nuts baked into a flaky pie crust,” she wrote in Magnolia Table.Here’s Joanna Gaines’ recipe for brownie pie.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Cool: 1 hour
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust or a store-bought 9-inch deep-dish pie crust
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a smallsaucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Remove the panfrom the heat and whisk in the sugar until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl and setaside to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the flour,vanilla, and salt.
5. Fold in the chocolate morsels and pecans. Pour into thepie crust.
6. Bake until just set and a crust forms on top, about 1hour. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. 7. Just before serving, dustwith powdered sugar.
8. To store, wrap tightly and keep at room temperature forup to 2 days.
This delicious recipe makes eight servings. If you’relooking for other brownie pie recipes, you might also want to try JoannaGaines’ raspberry cheesecake brownie pie. This recipe incorporatesraspberries with chocolate chips and softened cream cheese. Whipped cream isalso involved, so you know you’re in for a treat.
Source: Joanna Gaines, MagnoliaTable: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
Read more: CalmYour Sweet Tooth with Joanna Gaines’ Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet onFacebook!
Source: Read Full Article