Harry Dunn's heartbroken family scatter his ashes in 'final goodbye' at teenager's favourite place

The family of tragic Harry Dunn have said their "final goodbye" to the teenager after scattering his ashes in his favourite place.

The 19-year-old's death in a motorbike crash last August has sparked an international controversy, with Anne Sarcoolas – the wife of a diplomat at RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire – accused of being involved in the collision.

Harry's mum Charlotte Charles and dad Tim Dunn scattered his ashes in Weymouth, Dorset, as the seaside town is where the Dunns took their annual holiday.

Harry last visited the town on July 29 last year.

Mrs Charles said today: "11 months on, today is going to be the hardest day we've ever had to face in our lives, and I can't imagine it getting any harder.

"You shouldn't have to scatter your own child's ashes."

Mrs Charles and Mr Dunn, alongside their partners Bruce and Tracey, scattered Harry's ashes in a private ceremony on the nearby island of Portland.

Mrs Charles said the family had been "really numb – very much a bunch of zombies" around the time of Harry's death.

"We don't remember a lot about the first few weeks at all," she said.

"Obviously, we've been through so much since then.

"We've been to hell and back on many, many occasions.

"We're not numb any more.

"We just hurt all day, every day.

"The hurt is there constantly and it never, ever goes away."

Harry was killed on August 27, 2019 when his motorcycle crashed into an SUV allegedly being driven Ms Sacoolas near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire.

The military base is used by the US Air Force, and processes around a third of all US military communications in Europe.

Harry's mum and dad are now involved in a high-profile bid to seek justice.

The case has been taken to the top of both the US and UK governments, with the parents having meetings with US President Donald Trump and UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has pressured Washington to extradite Ms Sacoolas, who left the UK for the US not long after the crash.

Harry's mum has described the family as being “deprived of the ability to grieve” as the case continues.

And today she says the fight to get Ms Sacoolas to the UK continues.

"We will keep fighting," she said.

"It doesn't matter what today takes out of us, tomorrow will be yet another day of fighting.

"Today is just for us but the fighting will continue."

Harry's dad said the family had visited Weymouth every year since 2002.

"It became a tradition, and as we know poor Harry died last year and today is exactly the last day he was here," he said.

"It's a year to the day since he was last in Weymouth and we're here to scatter his ashes and let him ride free."

Mrs Charles said: "We can rest assured that he's definitely out there riding the skies and going everywhere that he wants to go.

"We've found a beautiful spot where we are going to take him and we're sure that the wind will carry his ashes and the waves will be splashing up on the rocks to help him travel too.

"So we'll feel like we've set him free."

Source: Read Full Article