Police probing Kevin Spacey, 61, over six sex attacks pass file to CPS

EXCLUSIVE: Met Police officers probing Hollywood star Kevin Spacey, 61, over six historic sex attacks pass file to CPS who will now decide whether to press charges

  • Met Police investigation into Spacey, 61, has passed files to prosecutor agency
  • Crown Prosecution Service will decide whether or not to charge the star
  • The investigation was over six historic London-based sexual assault allegations 
  • Spacey was first interviewed by the Met two years ago in the United States 

Scotland Yard officers investigating Hollywood star Kevin Spacey over six British historic sexual assault allegations have passed files to the Crown Prosecution Service – who will now decide whether to charge him.

The House of Cards actor, 61, was interviewed under caution by the Metropolitan Police’s Complex Case Team in America back in 2019.

He was never arrested but spoke to detectives about the allegations which span between 1996 and 2013.

Now they have finished their investigations and passed their findings to the criminal prosecutions agency for consideration.

A source told MailOnline: ‘Due to the high-profile nature of the allegations they will take all the time they need to made a decision.

‘The file was sent late last year and has been considered for a few months already.’ 

The American Beauty Oscar-winner was the artistic director of The Old Vic theatre in London between 2004 and 2015, when some of the complaints were made.

In November 2017 the famous play company said it had received 20 personal testimonies of allegations of inappropriate behaviour relating to him, adding it ‘truly apologised’.

Spacey at the premiere of House of Cards in 2016 is the subject of the allegations

Some of the allegations span the period when Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic

Scotland Yard had been investigating the allegations and have now passed files to the CPS

MailOnline can disclose the six allegations police investigated include one in Lambeth in 2008, which was referred by the City of London Police to the Metropolitan Police on November 1, 2017. It was alleged the 61-year-old had performed a sex act on the complainant while he was asleep.

A second alleged victim went to police on 20 November, 2008, in relation to a sexual assault in Lambeth in 2005.

And a third, made on 13 December 2017, concerns an allegation of sexual assault in Westminster in 2005.

Between February and April 2018 three further complaints were received, relating to alleged offences in Westminster in 1996, Lambeth in 2008 and Gloucester in 2013

The Met have never named Spacey in connection with their enquiries. A spokesman told MailOnline tonight: ‘The Met referred case files to the Crown Prosecution Service who will review the material.’

A CPS spokesperson added: ‘We are examining a file of evidence referred to us by the Metropolitan Police.’

Kevin Spacey made claims his fall from grace was like problems during the Covid pandemic

Spacey has been largely quiet since the scandal save for some YouTube videos each year

MailOnline has attempted to contact the actor about the development in the investigation, but has received no response.

Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced scandal after claims he sexually assaulted Star Trek actor Antony Rapp, who was 14 at the time.

It sparked accusations by other men about his behaviour but none have ever reached court and have been denied.

Rapp’s public comments about him prompted Spacey to come out as gay in 2017.

He said he did not remember such an encounter with Rapp but apologised if the allegations were true.

Last year he compared his fall from grace to the coronavirus pandemic, and complained about losing his job following the accusations.

Spacey described his ‘painful’ journey three years after he was accused of assault by a string of men and said he could relate to workers who had been laid off during the Covid-19 spread.

In comments for an interview for the Bits & Pretzels podcast, said: ‘I don’t think it will come as a surprise for anyone to say that my world completely changed in the fall of 2017.

‘My job, many of my relationships, my standing in my own industry were all gone in just a matter of hours.’

Not only did he get fired from Netflix hit House Of Cards, he was also removed from the completed movie All The Money In The World, which was reshot with actor Christopher Plummer in his role.

The actor, who has not appeared in a professional movie or series since the accusations were made, said: ‘I don’t often like to tell people that I can relate to their situation because I think it undermines the experience that they may be having which is their own unique and very personal experience.’

Spacey added: ‘But in this instance I feel as though I can relate to what it feels like to have your world suddenly stop.

‘And so while we may have found ourselves in similar situations, albeit for very different reasons and circumstances, I still believe that some of the emotional struggles are very much the same.

‘And so I do have empathy for what it feels like to suddenly be told that you can’t go back to work or that you might lose your job and that it’s a situation that you have absolutely no control over.’

The Old Vic’s investigation into the actor found allegations of behaviour that included making people feel uncomfortable to sexually inappropriate acts.

A total of 16 of the 20 complainants were men and former staff at the London theatre.

External law firm Lewis Silkin – which carried out the probe – said ten of the 20 allegations were said to have happened in the building, but the organisation did not know. 

Source: Read Full Article