Serena Williams’ cryptic tweet stokes speculation over which friends helped Duchess of Sussex’s media fightback
- Serena Williams shared a glamorous picture of her drinking out of a mug
- The tennis champion captioned the picture ‘Sips tea’ – which is a slang for gossip
- She’s a close friend of Meghan Markle and attended her wedding celebrations
- It was reported that the duchess was being advised by Miss Williams’s PR team
- The Duchess faced criticism after allowing friends to defend her in an article
- Miss William’s post raises questions as to whether her team was behind article
Serena Williams stoked the speculation over which friends spoke out for the Duchess of Sussex by posting an intriguing message on Twitter yesterday.
The tennis champion, a close friend who attended Meghan’s wedding celebrations, shared a glamorous picture of her drinking out of a mug, right, to her 10million followers, accompanied by the words: ‘Sips tea…’
Serena Williams stoked the speculation over which friends spoke out for the Duchess of Sussex by posting an intriguing message on Twitter yesterday
‘May squares up to Juncker like a prize fighter at a…
Surveillance camera captures the horrific moment a Texas…
Serial sex offender is jailed after he carried child porn…
Share this article
While it looked like she may have been simply sharing a picture from a glossy magazine shoot, the post is understood to have significant meaning – according to the Urban Dictionary, ‘sips tea’ is slang for gossip.
People who post memes – images or videos – of people sipping tea are seen as discreetly disclosing ‘valuable, interesting or useful information’.
The pair have been close for more than a decade. Last week it was reported that the duchess was being advised by Miss Williams’s PR team after Kensington Palace’s official social media channels were targeted by trolls posting racist and sexist abuse. Yesterday’s posting raises questions as to whether that team were behind the People magazine article.
Source: Read Full Article