Top cop confirms they will search for Maddie McCann until they've 'exhausted all possibilities'

A TOP cop is refusing to give up in the search for missing Madeleine McCann, confirming the search will continue until “all possibilities have been exhausted”.

Scotland Yard has no plans to end its investigation, despite the German prosecutors' belief that she was murdered.


Met Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said the force was working "really, really closely" with the German authorities, but did not expect them to share all of their evidence.

She told reporters on Thursday that the nature of the investigation has not changed.

The top cop added: "We're continuing to work very closely with our colleagues in the BKA (Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office) in Germany, as you know, and the PJ (Policia Judiciaria) in Portugal.

"We do have our small team still working on that and there's no significant change for us in terms of our resourcing or posture.

"As you know, we have some funding to continue that and we are continuing it."

She also said: "We will continue until the time that it is right, either because much more light has been thrown on this and, or, somebody has been brought to justice.

"Or, if we feel we have exhausted all possible opportunities.

"We're not any of those stages at the moment, and the team continues."

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters, who is leading the McCann investigation in Germany, has previously alleged he has "concrete evidence" that Christian B, 43, killed her.



Investigators in Germany believe the convicted child sex offender murdered Madeleine, then aged three, after abducting her from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

They alleged they had ''concrete evidence'' she was dead and that he was responsible, although no charges have been brought yet.

But the pervert's lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, insists the police are targeting the wrong man.

Christian B was identified as a suspect in June, but prosecutors do not have enough evidence to charge him.

At that time, the Met said its active investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, Operation Grange, was a missing person inquiry as there is no "definitive evidence whether Madeleine is alive or dead".

WORKING CLOSELY WITH GERMAN COPS

Asked whether the German authorities had shared everything with the Met, Dame Cressida replied: "We're working really closely with the German authorities.

"I would not expect necessarily every single piece of material to be shared with us.

"I'm sure they're sharing the relevant things at the relevant times with us.

"We are working really, really closely with them."

Christian B is currently serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking and is expected to remain behind bars until 2026 after losing a bid to overturn a rape conviction.

He was last year found guilty of the 2005 rape of a 72-year-old American woman in the same Portuguese resort from which Madeleine vanished and sentenced to seven years in jail, at a court in Brunswick, Lower Saxony.

Christian B is moving to a maximum security prison ahead of questioning in the New Year, we reported in November.

Speaking to The Sun from his office in Braunschweig, Germany, prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: “Whether and when charges will be brought in these cases cannot be predicted at present.

'”I am also very confident with the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance but due to the scope of the case, the other proceedings can be expected to conclude earlier.”

Source: Read Full Article