THE statewide election for governor will take place Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Not every state is participating in the race, however.
What is an election sample ballot?
Registered voters will receive sample ballots by mail before an election.
Sample ballots typically include a mock-up of an actual ballot, a list of candidates and ballot measures, the date of the election, and instructions for voting.
This information is usually posted 45 days before an election.
If you did not receive a sample ballot, it could mean that your address is not listed properly.
State governments typically have a sample ballot tool to find the candidates and questions you will encounter on election day at your polling station.
What states are electing a new governor on November 2, 2021?
- Colorado – For Colorado voters, you can cast your ballot and vote today if you are an overseas or military voter, a voter with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or a voter with a qualifying emergency, according to the Colorado Secretary of State website.
- Maine – For Maine voters, you can view your sample ballot early on the Maine Department of Secretary State website.
- New Jersey – For New Jersey voters, early in-person voting ends on October 31. Voting hours are 10am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday, according to the New Jersey Information Portal website.
- Pennsylvania – For Pennsylvania voters, you can view your poll location and find drop box locations for mail-in ballots on the DOS Voting and Election Information website.
- Texas – For Texas voters, you can find all information including polling locations, voter id, and election results and statistics on the Vote Texas website.
- Virginia – For Virgina voters, you can access early voting locations and information about candidates on the Virginia Department of Elections website.
- Washington State – For Washington State voters, the Washington Secretary of State website says, "This year, ballots contain three state advisory votes as well as many local races and measures." You can view all pertinent information on the site.
What time should I go vote?
If you plan to vote on Election Day, the best time to cast your ballot could be around midday.
The longest lines will likely be those who plan to vote before or after work, in the early morning and late afternoon.
Be prepared to wait in line longer than usual.
Texas eliminated straight-ticket voting, which allowed voters to vote for every candidate of a certain party on their ballot, meaning voting ballot sheets will take longer to fill out.
Where do I go to cast my vote?
For in-person voting, every state has a website that will tell you where your voting location is depending on your home address.
On these sites, you will also be able to check if you are registered to vote, and if not, how long you have until the deadline to register.
When you arrive at your designated polling location, you may be required to show identification depending on your state. It is also recommended that you look up what you need to vote in person on your state’s government website.
Source: Read Full Article